Here are 10 reasons why you should drink lemon water in the morning:
1. Boosts your immune system: Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure.
2. Balances pH: Drink lemon water everyday and you’ll reduce your body’s overall acidity. Lemon is one of the most alkaline foods around. Yes, lemon has citric acid but it does not create acidity in the body once metabolized.
3. Helps with weight loss: Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. It also has been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline diet (see #2) lose weight faster.
4. Aids digestion: Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials. It encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that required for digestion. Efficient digestion reduces heartburn and constipation.
5. Is a diuretic: Lemons increase the rate of urination in the body, which helps purify it. Toxins are, therefore, released at a faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy.
6. Clears skin: The vitamin C component helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear as well. It can actually be applied directly to scars to help reduce their appearance.
7. Freshens breath: Not only this, but it can help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis. The citric acid can erode tooth enamel, so you should monitor this. I admit, I’m slightly worried about it.
8. Relieves respiratory problems: Warm lemon water helps get rid of chest infections and halt those pesky coughs. It’s thought to be helpful to people with asthma and allergies too.
9. Keeps you zen: Vitamin C is one of the first things depleted when you subject your mind and body to stress. As mentioned previously, lemons are chock full of vitamin C.
10. Helps kick the coffee habit: After I have a glass of hot lemon water, I actually don’t crave coffee in the morning. This is weird, I can’t explain it, but I’ll take it.
More posts coming soon (:
- fresh-startss reblogged this from health-freeak
- daisyloversedo likes this
- tastefullyeaten reblogged this from mylifefitspiration
- mylifefitspiration reblogged this from health-freeak
- sowhatifilike-dick reblogged this from health-freeak
- daisies-in-my-hurr reblogged this from health-freeak
- fresh-startss likes this
- privatedrivefour likes this
- probingsouls likes this
- femme-nism likes this
- onadiet27 likes this
- justmydreamsandmoi likes this
- kaliem likes this
- pika-pander reblogged this from health-freeak
- just-keeep-going likes this
- thaomaihoua likes this
- happyrawraw likes this
- fit4heath likes this
- justanotherdustyrecord reblogged this from daniellesams
- justanotherdustyrecord likes this
- w0rkingtobefit likes this
- linettepadilla likes this
- daniellesams reblogged this from health-freeak
- runninglikethewindbeneathmyfeet reblogged this from health-freeak
- wanderlustwithdrawal reblogged this from ebonystarr55
- wanderlustwithdrawal likes this
- ebonystarr55 reblogged this from health-freeak
- joannawongdt likes this
- timeforthefirststep reblogged this from health-freeak
- laurinhalau likes this
- wewanttobeit likes this
- danyardo likes this
- 4him7her likes this
- kimberlayyerinn likes this
- rokonkhan reblogged this from health-freeak
- dresstoimpressgrace likes this
- livelifetodamax00 reblogged this from health-freeak
- art3misandparzival likes this
- uberstoked reblogged this from health-freeak
- x-maan likes this
- kianananananana likes this
- curlyhairpanda likes this
- curlyhairpanda reblogged this from health-freeak and added:
- ad0reangie reblogged this from health-freeak
- health-freeak reblogged this from health-freeak
- ovarymotional likes this
- withconfettiinmyhair likes this
- this-is-0ur-time likes this
- understandme123 likes this