Here are some reasons why you should Run Barefoot:
Barefoot running or running in minimal shoes encourages a more natural foot strike pattern that does not involve landing on the heel. Barefoot or minimalist shoe running can be healthier for you than wearing running shoes. Overall health benefits include strengthening of the foot and softer landings with less impacts. If you are not comfortable with running barefoot or you live in a big city, minimalist shoes may be the perfect compromise-not only will you be more agile when running in minimalist shoes, you’ll burn more calories. Without the support of traditional running shoes, tiny muscles in your feet will be called into action.
Whether you’re going barefoot or almost barefoot, here’s what you need to know before you give the trend a try:
1. Know it’s safe for you. If you have any sensory loss in your feet, you should not attempt barefoot running — it’s too dangerous. In fact, if you have any foot-related injuries, it’s best to consult a medical professional before you try the trend.
2. Take it slow. You must progress slowly to allow your musculoskeletal system to adapt to the new running pattern.
3. Want to go barefoot? Start with walking before you run. It is best to learn the right way to run without the interference of shoes,adding that walking barefoot is “the best way to try it out”. Once you’re up to walking briskly for 30 minutes, slowly begin to replace the walking with running. Then…
4. Consider minimalist shoes, either some or all of the time, depending on your comfort level. No matter what You should protect your feet when necessary, such as in the cold, heat, dark or on surfaces that may have hidden sharp objects.
5. Seek out smooth, hard surfaces. It might seem counterintuitive, a smooth, hard surface is best for learning to run with bare feet or while wearing minimalist shoes.
- mearg025 reblogged this from health-freeak
- runlikethereisamonsterbehindyou reblogged this from health-freeak
- rebeliousbufriedo reblogged this from health-freeak
- dafitshit reblogged this from health-freeak
- dafitshit likes this
- urraca likes this
- undefautspecial likes this
- thistime-or-never reblogged this from health-freeak
- reason-number-x reblogged this from health-freeak
- tessalina likes this
- spazzyourworld reblogged this from health-freeak
- neverfailtobebetter likes this
- starshipwho likes this
- jamiebellonly likes this
- colbyfitness reblogged this from dannifitness
- dannifitness reblogged this from health-freeak
- runningtoes likes this
- seekinghealthy reblogged this from health-freeak
- rayclyn likes this
- serene-fashion likes this
- slimandtoned-gettingitback reblogged this from adjusttheaction
- thegoddessminerva reblogged this from health-freeak
- fangirlwillrun reblogged this from health-freeak
- health-freeak posted this