30 Day Yoga Challenge-
Why 30 Days? – Psychologists agree that it takes 30 days to get into the groove of a new habit. If you are ready to end a bad cycle, pattern, habit, or get out of a rut, 30 days of consistent action will catapult you into a fresh, new beginning. It is just long enough to reap the benefits, yet it is short enough that you don’t lose your focus and motivation. Intense focus coupled with a measurable timeline creates better follow-through and anchors in habits for long term success. On the other hand, ambiguously thinking; “I want to eat better and exercise more” is non-focused, un-motivating and rarely produces any results. Just think about the people who walk around saying those exact words and nothing ever changes. A 30-Day Challenge however, can create big changes!
You’re Stronger Than You Think – A 30-Day Challenge is a great antidote to feeling sorry for yourself, or any general life funk you might be in currently. You’ll be surprised how quickly your attitude and inner strength builds when you take daily consistent action. Not to mention the fact that when you change one area of your life for the better a ripple effect happens in all areas of your life. Things are very interconnected.
Stagnation or Transformation – Resistance can show up in our lives at various times and when it does we have two choices. 1.) Stagnation or 2.) Transformation. At some time during your 30 day challenge “something” will happen. You’ll have a bad day, you’ll get bored, you’ll get frustrated, you’ll get really busy, you’ll feel tired, you’ll think of everything you could do if you weren’t doing this. But what will you ultimately choose? Will you become stagnate and quit? Or will you transform and continue? Just remember, the harder it is in the middle the bigger the transformation is at the end. You can do this!
Be Kind To Yourself- A 30-Day Challenge doesn’t necessarily mean physical exertion, i.e. an exercise challenge. In fact your “challenge” may be creating silence and peace by resting every day with no distractions for 30-60 minutes. Taking care of your health begins with drawing a line in the sand and saying “enough is enough, I’m ready to do things differently and more healthfully” Choose the thing that will push (challenge) you out of your normal comfort zone, yet it will still nourish, feed and fortify you. The point is self-care.
How You Do One Thing Is How You Do Most Things – When things get hard or uncomfortable do you: Make excuses, create drama, quit, get angry, get sick, blame others, expect others to “carry you”? Do you talk excessively about the situation to anyone and everyone but ultimately never change? Notice how you react and answer these questions. These are the reasons why a 30-Day Challenge is useful.
You see, It’s not about doing yoga per say, although if you want to do a yoga challenge we highly recommend it. The point of any 30-Day Challenge is to confront and change habits, patterns and behaviors that hold you back and make you unhealthy. The actual challenge you choose becomes a backdrop to the life affirming benefits and “ah-ha” moments you receive when you show up and take care of yourself day after day for 30 days.
So this was on the website from my yoga studio- this is a great motivation for me. Im going to start this today- 30 days of yoga as well as keeping my healthy eating and workouts.
- thatmustbejamie likes this
- li9htmyfire likes this
- jskye2k11 reblogged this from health-freeak
- withconfettiinmyhair likes this
- mearg025 reblogged this from health-freeak
- runlikethereisamonsterbehindyou reblogged this from health-freeak
- zully-runs-challenge reblogged this from health-freeak
- perspective-r likes this
- afashionablegentleman likes this
- cafune-saudade likes this
- v-is likes this
- silencedbysociety reblogged this from health-freeak
- microjoules likes this
- pedrummond likes this
- hvvrt reblogged this from health-freeak
- ronimal likes this
- freefalling10 likes this
- anch0rm3d0wn reblogged this from toned-tanned-fit-andready
- simplykenzie likes this
- okay-lets-do-this likes this
- olgaalexx reblogged this from toned-tanned-fit-andready
- mysticseas likes this
- learning2lovelife likes this
- fight-t0-be-fitt likes this
- toned-tanned-fit-andready reblogged this from superfitbarbie
- superfitbarbie reblogged this from kissmyasana
- eve-doll likes this
- finallythenightbird likes this
- onthemossyground reblogged this from kissmyasana
- kissmyasana reblogged this from health-freeak
- imp3rfect-world reblogged this from health-freeak
- lbadley likes this
- leblogofmika likes this
- bouldersandtea reblogged this from health-freeak
- mythoracicbirdcage likes this
- theelovelynirms reblogged this from health-freeak
- burnn4me likes this
- elz984 likes this
- samgyeopsal reblogged this from health-freeak
- corazondejuguete reblogged this from health-freeak
- corazondejuguete likes this
- thenovelreader likes this
- shirleeywong likes this
- buddha-licious reblogged this from health-freeak and added:
- trust-your-innocence-child likes this
- healthycomesfirst reblogged this from health-freeak